Monday, August 19, 2013

Roots & Recipes Brainstorm

The special food I will be writing about is a dessert called baduya. A special memory I have with this dessert is making it for a party with my Grandma for the first time when I was little. I helped her make each one and watched her fry it to the perfect crispness. After each baduya was fried and ready, I passed one out to everyone to eat. As we all ate the dessert, the adults talked story and the kids played. To make my essay "come to life", I'm going to use details like the crunchy brown outside and the sticky mochi inside. The person who I will be interviewing will be my Grandma.

1 comment:

  1. Some positives are:
    - you have a personal connection with the dish
    -you used sensory details
    Some improvements are:
    - you could of listed some ingredients
    Overall like the brainstorm good job.

    ReplyDelete