Thursday, January 30, 2014

Metaphor Poem

At first glance,
I can look intimidating but gentle
With my eighty-eight keys and black sleek case
Shyly enclosing me from the world

Softly and slowly
But intelligently and
With the right keys and timing
My music fills the air
Getting used to everything,
I'm playful and fun
As I get louder and louder

But,
I can make mistakes 
wrong key or wrong timing
I can be stubborn
And not work
I'm breakable 
Just like everything else

Musically beautiful 
One of kind
Strong but elegant,
I am a piano





2 comments:

  1. Your poem was unique. I wouldn't have expected you to represent and use the piano in such a way as this. The metaphors could've been more hidden because thats what makes a poem so much better, to me! But good job!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to be careful that you make sure your poem is about you because after reading the poem it sounds like a poem about the piano and not you. you spend majority of the poem describing the piano and not yourself. Remember the poem is about you and how you are a piano, that means you need to describe both you and the piano and make the connection. aS(2-)

    ReplyDelete