Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Querencia Final Draft

    As I step out on the cool ground of the balcony, a gust of wind blows all my worries away. I walk out to the railing and close my eyes to forget about all the homework, projects, and essays flooding my desk. Opening my eyes, I stare into the blue sky watching the fluffy, white clouds make their way through my view. As I walk near the railing of the balcony, the birds flee chirping on their way out. I look out in the sea of rooftops as the music from my phone comforts me. My mind is taken to another place where its free to do whatever it wants. I sat there, as if the world around me melted away taking all of my stress with it. 

   My mind flashes back into my childhood days. Discovering this place as a little kid, I didn't know how much this place would mean to me. As a little kid, I felt like I was on top of the world looking down. The balcony was decorated with bright, sweet flowers that brightened the sight of it. With the bright, blazing sun, we captured a picture perfect memory of me with the biggest smile on my face outside on the balcony. Even as a little girl, I knew this place was special.


   A blast of wind brings me back to the present day. The memories that I've had of being on this balcony race through my mind in a blur. My cluttered mind was now cleared and ready for the homework waiting to come. Soaking up all the essences of the balcony, I dread to go back inside. Taking one last look and one deep breath, I go inside to face what I knew was coming.

   This place brings me what no other place can provide, the ability to get away from the world. This was a little place where my thoughts can wonder off. I can't think of anywhere else, but this perfect spot, to have this sort of connection. No worries, stress, or drama could enter my mind. It was like no one could see me or even hear me, it was just me. This is my special place, a home away from home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment