Thursday, February 5, 2015

Allusion Poem: Odysseus FINAL

It's a long journey,
And it's still not over,
It feels endless,
The sleepless nights and constant problems,
I have to push through, 
To just keep on going, 

I encounter many beasts,
From one-eyed giants to sirens,
All they want to do is to find a way to bring me down
Not caring how much it could hurt, 
Trying to fight them off I don't always win,
But somehow, from those losses, I have the strength to go on.

Along the way, 
I met new people, discovered new things,
It was comforting to have them by my side, 
They guided and helped me on my journey,
And I helped them with theirs, 
But somewhere along the way, 

They became different, almost transformed
To a person who I didn't know,
It was hard to face the unknown without the support I had before,
It felt like a different life, a different path.
But I found others to pick me up
And get me back on my feet.

I get stuck at forks in the road,
I don't know what path to take,  
People tell me I'm intelligent and smart,
But sometimes I don't know all the right answers. 
So I take a risk and chose the opposite path that others aren't choosing 
And I know I won't regret it

Life is a long journey,
I don't know exactly where you're going,
I'm just trying to get there in the most exciting way possible,
The journey is what I make of it, 
And somewhere along the way, 
I started to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment