Tuesday, April 14, 2015

3/31 Handout

Part 1:

1. Macbeth and Lady Macbeth's relationship is very complicated. They aren't always a very romantic couple, but they have each others back. Lady Macbeth is very controlling while Macbeth follows orders to keep her happy.

2. Macbeth decides to kill King Duncan because he doesn't want to be called a coward by Lady Macbeth. He wanted to show her that he is strong and will do anything to get the crown.

3. Macbeth is a very nice person. He wants to please everyone, but gets taken advantage of by Lady Macbeth. He then becomes paranoid and scared of whatever is going to happen but will hide it very well.

4. I don't think Macbeth will get away for killing King Duncan because at first, he couldn't find the courage to actually go through it without his wife talking him into doing it. Also, he becomes very paranoid making him seem more guilty.

5. I don't think Macbeth should kill him, but I have a strong feeling he will.

Part 2:

1. "Do you wish to possess the thing that you value most highly in life and yet you like a coward in your own judgement, letting 'I dare not' hold back 'I would' like the poor cat in the proverb?" (Act 1, Scene 7, Lines 41-45)
   "Hurry up and come here so that I can pour my strong spirits into your ear," (Act 1, Scene 5, Lines 22-23).

2. "If the murder itself could cut off any troubling consequences and attain a final success with Duncans death; if by striking this blow only, all plans would be accomplished and there would be no aftermath." (Act 1, Scene 7, Lines 2-5)
  "Just tighten your courage until its taunt and we won't fail" (Act 1, Scene 7, Lines 60-61)

3. "Whatever may come, time and tide continue through the roughest day (and bring a solution to every difficulty)." (Act 1, Scene 4, Lines 147-148)
    "I am resolved and will exert all my physical energy to this terrible task . Let's go and let's fool the world by looking our best; a deceptive appearance must hide what the deceiving heart knows." (Act 1, Scene 7, Lines 79-82)

4. "We will go no further in this business. Duncan has honored me lately I have won the good opinions of all sorts of people, which should be worn now like bright new clothes and not to be thrown aside so soon." (Act 1, Scene 7, Lines 31-34)
   "First, I am his kinsmen and his loyal subject, both strong persuasions against the deed. Then I am his host who should lock the door against his murderer rather than carry the knife myself." (Act 1, Scene 7, Lines 13-16)


No comments:

Post a Comment